- New Internet Extensions
- About .Nxt
Type of extension:Community
Applicant:DotGreen Registry Corporation
Check out our interview with DotGreen's CFO/COO Tim Switzer:
Switzer: Feeling positive
The DotGreen Registry has confirmed it has registered with ICANN and is in the process of making a community application for dot-green. Tim Switzer, COO/CFO of the California-based group, says he's unaware of any competing bids and would be surprised if other groups were applying for the same gTLD.
"Our CEO Annalisa Roger has been very open about the application as far back as the ICANN Paris meeting in 2008," he says. "She has been involved in both the ICANN and the green community and we've all invested a huge amount of time, energy and passion into the application."
For this reason Switzer says he would be surprised to see any competing applications, particularly since he hasn't heard about any other interested parties in his discussions with the green community.
Who We Are
DotGreen is run by a staff of dedicated volunteers in Greenbrae, Marin County, California. The successful development of this project is carried out by collaborating with professionals experienced in ICANN policy, Internet technology, global environmental and humanitarian solutions, marketing, finance and law. DotGreen benefits from a growing network of enthusiastic members, students and sponsors around the world. DotGreen is YOU.
The new .green Top Level Domain is coming to the Internet.
- Founded in 2007, DotGreen Registry is the first to propose an environmental Top Level Domain Initiative amongst Internet industry and International environmental groups.
- DotGreen and its .green TLD is the only non-profit model for an environmental TLD.
- The only environmental TLD Registry that will give to hundreds of Non-profit organizations aimed at sustainability in every region of the world.
- .green is a meaningful string of letters, recognizable in languages around the world.
- Internationally, the driving symbol for “go forward” is green.
- The .green TLD will be internationally recognized as a socially responsible brand used by companies, products and individuals.
- 100% of profits of The DotGreen Registry will be donated for the benefit of planet and people. DotGreen is you.